Here are the best reasons to drink milk after workout for fast recovery of the body. Learn how milk helps you to gain muscle and lose weight after intense training and what are the other benefits of milk for human body.
For growth of muscles, replenishing your body with nutrients immediately after training is paramount, and milk in this plan is the best option. Milk contains a large amount of protein, it saves your body from dehydration and helps burn fat.
Reasons to drink milk after workout
Studies have shown that milk as a drink after exercise is useful to drink for a number of reasons.
- In milk there are many high-grade proteins, one cup of whole milk (250 ml) contains 8 g of proteins. In milk, quite a lot of protein. Milk protein is 80% composed of casein and 20% whey protein and has beneficial properties of both. Proteins play an important role in restoring and building muscles, and you need to provide the body with proteins as quickly as possible after physical exertion. Milk is ideally suited for this, for the obvious reason that it is a liquid containing both rapidly and slowly digestible proteins, which together lead to a greater increase in muscle mass.
- Milk is the best remedy for dehydration. Milk, like other drinks, contains water, but milk has the advantage that it is rich in sodium and potassium, which contribute to the preservation of moisture in the body. Dehydration occurs when you sweat during exercise. If you do not restore the water balance in time and do not help rebuild your muscles, you can not count on building muscle mass. In addition, dehydration causes headaches and a feeling of fatigue.
- Milk promotes fat burning. Studies have shown that milk also helps the growth of muscle mass and burns fat. As for fat burning, milk suppresses hunger, as it contains fat and slowly digested proteins. As you may have guessed, this creates a feeling of satiety for a longer time and helps you consume less food.
- It keeps your bone healthy and strong. One of the most important microelements for the life of the body is calcium. It is involved in the process of blood clotting, affects the contraction of muscles, regulates the secretion of hormones and neurotransmitters. But its main mission is the health of bones and teeth.
Milk is rich in calcium. In 100 ml contains 120 mg of this mineral. In this drink, calcium is in the most digestible form for man. Two glasses of milk a day, it’s almost half the daily rate of calcium.
That is why milk is recommended for children and adolescents. The skeleton is actively growing, bone tissue is dynamically renewed, you need a lot of calcium. In adulthood, regular consumption of milk reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Provided, of course, sports. Also due to calcium milk prevents caries.
- In addition to helping in the growth and recovery of muscles, protein-rich foods have a beneficial effect on sleep. They cause drowsiness and soothe digestion. To fall asleep, when, for example, heartburn was played, it is impossible. As already mentioned, milk has a relaxing property. But most importantly, it contributes to the production of melatonin, a hormone that regulates the daily rhythms of a person. Try to drink a glass of warm milk with honey, when you cannot sleep, and do not notice how you will end up in the kingdom of Morpheus.
Important for athletes is the fact that whole milk is ready for consumption. It can be poured into a cup or drink directly from the package, instead of cooking some other protein drink. For lazy bodybuilders, this is an ideal option.
Other benefits of milk
Milk is not only beneficial to athletes and bodybuilder but it is good for everyone, except you have some kind of problem with milk.
For the correct absorption of calcium, the body needs vitamin D. It increases the absorption of calcium by stomach cells by 30-40%, and also helps in its absorption by the kidneys.
But this does not end the useful functions of vitamin D. It is involved in the synthesis of certain hormones and cells. So, vitamin D affects the area of the bone marrow, which produces monocytes, cells that strengthen immunity.
The easiest way to get vitamin D is to luxuriate under the sun. The body synthesizes it under the influence of ultraviolet. However, in most of our country, solar activity in winter and in the off-season is so low that the body produces almost no vitamin D.
Replenish the drawback from other sources. In the milk of vitamin D is not so much, but it is enough that calcium is well absorbed, and immunity is increased. In addition, milk is produced, additionally enriched with vitamin D.
So, vitamin D is involved in the production of certain hormones. In particular, serotonin. It’s a hormone of happiness. It directly affects mood, appetite and sleep. Interruptions in the production of serotonin lead to a feeling of fatigue and even depression. Perhaps, therefore, it becomes so warm and cozy from a glass of milk with cookies.
Prevention of cancer
According to some reports, vitamin D can play a role in the growth of cells that prevent malignant neoplasms of the large intestine. Researchers also attribute this to the lack of natural sunlight.
Still, there is an opinion that calcium and lactose, contained in dairy products, can prevent ovarian cancer in women.
It is impossible to say exactly how true these hypotheses are. But the fact that scientists are serious about milk is indisputable.
Strengthening of the heart and blood vessels
More than calcium, in the milk only potassium: 146 mg per 100 ml. In addition to the fact that potassium maintains the acid-base balance of the blood and the body’s water balance, takes part in the transmission of nerve impulses and is necessary for protein synthesis, it also plays an important role in vasodilation and blood pressure lowering.
This view is held by Dr. Mark Houston of the Medical Center of Vanderbilt University. In one of his studies, he found that volunteers who consumed 4,069 mg of potassium per day, the risk of developing coronary heart disease is 49% lower compared with those in whose diet potassium is four times less.
People who drink lean milk, enrich the body with potassium and thereby strengthen their blood vessels, normalize blood pressure and heart rate.
One of the secrets of the divine beauty of Cleopatra is the famous milk baths. This drink is still widely used in cosmetology. But, in order to have a beautiful skin, it is not necessary to rub the milk into it in the form of masks. After all, it contains vitamin A.
Vitamin A is called a vitamin of beauty. It promotes the synthesis of hyaluronic acid in the epidermis, due to which the skin has a tightened look. Also, vitamin A for the skin of the face is the main factor in the formation of collagen, responsible for the freshness and elasticity of the skin.
Availability and Security
Residents of cities are deprived of the opportunity to drink milk directly from under the cow. But this does not mean that they can forget about the benefits of natural milk.
Modern technologies allow preserving the whole range of useful milk substances: vitamins D and A, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, protein, and others. This is called ultra-pasteurization. During this unique process, careful heat treatment of high-quality milk occurs. As a result, it is cleared of microbes, but retains vitamins and trace elements.
Ultra-pasteurized milk is bottled in six-layer aseptic packages. This allows you to protect the drink from the effects of the environment, the penetration of microbes and sunlight. Due to the aseptic packaging, milk can be stored up to six months before the opening. Without preservatives.
Thus, in ultra-pasteurized milk, aseptic containers retain useful substances and are reliably protected from spoilage.
Do you like milk? It is difficult to meet a person who would not drink milk on gastronomic beliefs. Milkshake, cocoa, coffee with milk, milk with flakes, all this is insanely delicious. And, perhaps, this is the main reason why milk should be consumed every day!
But as a bonus, there is one more reason. The company Tetra Pak in conjunction with milk producers is carrying out the action. Buy a pack of your favorite milk with a special puzzle sign, go through an exciting quiz, get a code for participation and follow the instructions on the site.
Every month, within the framework of the action, a large cash prize is played, and the most active milk lovers can also get an excellent calendar with a unique design and own photos.
It is worth mentioning that whole milk is healthy, the most effective product for supporting bone health through high calcium content. Another advantage of milk is that it is a relatively cheap product. The quantity of high-quality proteins contained in it, in comparison with the price of milk, makes it a good choice from a financial point of view.