Find the best way to get rid of knee pain fast at home. Learn about the different reason why your knees hurt and how to treat them with folk remedies.
The knee is a very complex mechanism, which can easily be disabled, but it can sometimes be incredibly difficult to restore. That is why, as soon as any painful sensation appears, it is advisable to pay attention to it and try to cure it. Today we want to talk not about self-treatment, which often leads only to a worsening of the situation, but about ways to competently help your own body.
The knee hurts. Many faced this, most of them tried to treat themselves. Our first and main advice is if nothing helps, and the pain does not pass – rather to the doctor. The specialist will always appoint the correct and adequate treatment.
How knee joint works and why it hurts
The knee joint is a special mechanism, through which we can bend the leg and move. Despite its strength, it is quite whimsical and can easily be damaged. Many professional athletes, in particular, football players, have constant problems with this part of the body. However, if you do not belong to this group, you can get rid of the problem once and for all.
There are a lot of reasons, all of them can be divided into several groups.
- Mechanical damage: In simple terms, various injuries. The knee can hurt very much even a small blow to it. Often people fall precisely on this part of their body, and together with hematomas, they get more serious injuries: cracks, joint dislocations, dislocations and even fractures. By the way, a fracture of the kneecap is one of the most difficult, so you need to be careful here. If you notice redness when you hit, blood, worse – swelling, you already have a direct road to the clinic.
- Physiological factors: Any disease associated with the knee joint. It can be like his cold (for example, with prolonged exposure to cold water), and any pathology, congenital or acquired in the course of life. Sometimes in a joint different tumor of different origin are formed.
- Psychological factors: There is such a thing as psychosomatic. If to explain simply: sometimes inner experiences are projected onto organs or parts of the human body. For example. severe stress, prolonged depression, the just depressed condition can easily cause problems with the knee joint. Probably everyone heard the expression that a person “had his legs buckled because of a great grief”. Sometimes this is what happens in life.
The causes of knee pains are a huge number, from an uncomfortable posture, prolonged and incorrect exercise, overstrain of the leg muscles to a serious internal pathology. However, immediately panic is not worth it. Very often the pain either passes by itself or is easily cured. Immediately go to the doctor, if:
- You suddenly felt very strong pain with a growing sensation. Sometimes there are lumbago, and bending becomes simply unbearable.
- As a result of the injury, swelling, swelling, pain with fingers pressing, and knee-bending, sitting, and even just moving.
- The pain does not manifest itself very much, it is more like an aching, but, nevertheless, does not pass for a long time.
- You yourself feel uneasy and suspect something serious. Fears may not be confirmed, but you will get rid of nervous tension. As a result, the problem will disappear.
Pain in the knee is a very common phenomenon because this joint is one of the most difficult in the whole human body. You need to learn how to take care of it properly and react properly to the pain that has arisen.
Get rid of knee pain fast
If the problem has already occurred, panicking will not help. Here you need to properly and competently help yourself. Here are some effective ways:
- Folk methods: There are a lot of them, not all of them help equally. But in most cases, when the pain arises from overexertion or a minor injury, you can help. Iodine can also help in the composition of alcohol solution. The agent needs to smear a sore spot (mix iodine and alcohol and wait until the resulting drug becomes transparent). Gently rub it into the knee, and in no case imposing any bandages (bandage and fixation are contraindicated).
- The same applies to the same compression of their fresh grated potatoes. Rub the root crop, without cleaning it from the peel and slightly pour the aviation kerosene, mix. Apply to a damaged area. The best option if the procedure will be performed 15 minutes before night sleep. Kerosene improves blood flow, and potatoes in people have long been considered one of the best external tools to relieve pain and reduce spasm.
- Homemade ointments for the knee joint. One of the simplest recipes: 1 st. spoon of vinegar (apple) + 1 tsp turpentine + egg yolk. Everything should be at room temperature. Ingredients should be thoroughly mixed into a homogeneous, thick mass. Before application, the knee is recommended to grind a little, so that the ointment is absorbed better. After the sore spot is lubricated, it is wrapped and left for a couple of hours. Another recipe: cut the middle bulb in half and cut each part so that the juice flows out. Prepared in this way, the root crop is put on the knee, tightly rewound, so that the fluid emerging from it interacts with the tissues of the joint, and leave for the whole night.
- With the formation of edema the best tool will be a whole bush of the plant calendula. Tear it off, treat it under water, cut it and boil it. Then attach to a sore spot and wrap tightly with a bandage or gauze, or even better with a food film. Treat is recommended for 4 days, just before bedtime.
- All sorts of rubbing and massages can help. But here it is important to remember: such actions are good only in the presence of a small injury, without the displacement of the joint. Otherwise, only the osteopath should work with the knee. This will correct it correctly and impose a fixing bandage or even a cast. Massage usually before going to sleep, so that the pain subsided, and a person could sleep peacefully. Effective grinding tincture on dandelion with the addition of medical alcohol (warming, anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect), infusion of nine-strength with vodka (before use, the remedy should be at least three days to settle, and before applying lubricate the place of exposure to oil to avoid skin burn), tincture of horse chestnut with vodka (the proportion of 1 bottle of 300 grams of crushed chestnuts, to stand for at least two weeks with daily shaking.
All these funds are not official, but they can still help. To relieve severe pain, you can use any medical pain medication, but this will only remove the symptom, it does not the cure.
Few more tips
In addition to the listed medicinal methods, there are others. The simplest of them is to securely fix the joint so that it does not move. This will not only relieve the pain, but also help the trauma to pass faster. In special stores (usually, sports or medical) knee pads are sold. With their help, it is easy to securely and accurately fix a crippled knee, thereby protecting yourself from pain.
Finally, physiotherapy can also be effective. It will be better if the doctor prescribes it, but you can warm up and massage at home. The main thing is to be sure that it really helps you.
A doctor who deals with injuries and joint diseases is called an osteopath. Only he can determine the extent of damage and restore your knee. Sometimes it’s better to immediately consult a specialist if you feel that something is wrong. It is important to understand and remember one detail. Diseases and knee injuries can be susceptible to conservative therapy only at the earliest stages. Since this joint constantly moves, it can only aggravate the condition and provoke the rapid development of the problem. And then you will need surgical intervention. That’s why they often recommend not taking self-medication.
The knee is a fragile and complex mechanism, to break the integrity of which is very simple. Do not dismiss the problem, they say, someday it will pass by itself. The timely and correct decision, a pledge of complete healing without any interventions in your body and exhausting recovery periods.